DJ Max Cleared: Back in the Mix
Case Dismissed: DJ Back in the Mix
In the heart of Paceville, the pulsating hub of Malta’s nightlife, the usually bustling streets around the popular club, ‘The Factory’, were quieter than usual last week. The reason? The high-profile case involving local DJ, Mark ‘DJ Max’ Zammit, had finally reached its conclusion. The partner who had accused him of assault had dropped the case, leaving the local music scene buzzing with relief and anticipation.
From the Beats to the Courtroom
DJ Max, a familiar face behind the decks at some of Malta’s most popular clubs, found himself in an unexpected spin last year. His partner at the time, Lisa Marie, accused him of assault following an argument at their St. Julian’s apartment. The allegations through the local music scene, with many struggling to reconcile the DJ’s on-stage persona with the serious charges he faced.
Mark, a native of Msida, maintained his innocence from the start. “I’ve always lived by the beat of my own drum, but I never thought my life would take such a dramatic turn,” he told Hot Malta in an exclusive interview. His legal team, led by veteran lawyer, Dr. Mario Mifsud, worked tirelessly to build a strong defense, highlighting inconsistencies in Lisa Marie’s account and presenting character witnesses who painted a different picture of the DJ.
Turning the Tables
Last week, in a surprise twist, Lisa Marie’s legal team informed the court that she was dropping the case. The news sent a wave of relief through the local music scene, with many taking to social media to express their support for DJ Max. “We always knew he was innocent,” said a long-time friend and fellow DJ, who wished to remain anonymous.
Dr. Mifsud, when reached for comment, simply stated, “Justice has prevailed. My client can now focus on rebuilding his life and career.” However, he also cautioned, “While we welcome this outcome, it’s important to remember that these are serious allegations. We must always strive to treat each other with respect and kindness, both in and out of the public eye.”
Back to the Beats
With the case dismissed, DJ Max is wasting no time in getting back behind the decks. His first gig back, at ‘The Factory’ this Saturday, is already sold out. “I’m overwhelmed by the support I’ve received,” he said, “I can’t wait to get back to doing what I love – making people dance and forget their troubles for a few hours.”
However, he also acknowledged the impact the ordeal has had on him. “This experience has changed me. I’ve always been passionate about music, but now I appreciate the power it has to bring people together, to heal. I want to use that power to create positive change in our community.”
As for Lisa Marie, she has kept a low profile since the case was dropped. When reached for comment, her lawyer simply stated, “My client wishes to move on with her life and asks for privacy during this time.”
As Malta’s nightlife prepares to welcome DJ Max back with open arms, one thing is clear – the local music scene is ready to dance again. But as DJ Max himself reminded us, “Let’s remember to treat each other with kindness, both on and off the dancefloor.”
